Collect Leads While Your Customers Collect Pokémon!
Here at brick&mobile, we like to stay current with what’s going on in the world of mobile, marketing, and develop successful strategies accordingly because it’s unbelievable how fast something can explode in popularity!
That’s why we conducted an emergency webinar to discuss the latest trend that has already amassed a very active and engaged following.
Of course, we’re talking about Pokémon GO and there is a ton of $$$ to be made with Pokémon GO and local businesses.
Mobile marketers take note! It’s time to monetize this trend!
Watch the replay below as we’ll show you:
- How Pokemon GO is driving real-world engagement and affecting consumer behavior
- How to use Pokémon GO combined with our Proximity Marketing Package (Social Powered Wi-Fi and MobiPunch) to provide REAL value and results to your local business.
- We’ll also be sharing a new Opportunity Checklist to make it EASY to implement this strategy for your clients and CASH IN on this market phenomenon.
Be sure to watch this webinar to learn the ninja strategies you need to know to profit from Pokemon GO!
Watch The Webinar Replay
How to develop a strategy for monetizing Pokémon GO.
The game uses increased amount of data and is a perfect opportunity to attract new customers (Pokémon GO players) to your location by promoting free Wi-Fi.
This specific strategy involves offering Social Powered Wi-Fi and leveraging the real-world foot traffic and engagement of Pokémon GO for local business in order to:
- Attract new customers
- Build email lists
- Collect customer data (name, email address) for remarketing
- Grow Social Media Presence
- Increase customer loyalty
- Boost sales
The user experience
Let’s imagine how this works from the customer perspective.
A potential customer for your business (also a Pokémon GO player or fan) walks by or into the local business and see’s a poster welcoming customers with the following message
“Don’t let data get you down. Come in and connect to our Free Wi-Fi to earn discounts AND catch your Pokémon”
The customer thinks – “Wait a minute, this business is letting me use their Wi-Fi to play Pokémon GO and is going to offer me discounts? I’m in!”
The customer enters the business and connects to the Free Wi-Fi. But this isn’t any ordinary Free Wi-Fi. This is the businesses Social Powered Wi-Fi which allows customers to connect using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Email or SMS. Once the customer connects, they are automatically greeted with a thank you page that can:
- Promote discounts/sales/coupons – “Catch a Pokémon at our location and save $1 off your next drink purchase”
- Promote the businesses mobile wallet loyalty program – “Earn rewards while you play – Tap here to download our loyalty card NOW”
The customer eats/drinks/stays for awhile and eventually leaves the location.
Here’s the best part – Remember when the customer connected to the Social Powered Wi-Fi?
Well, their details were collected and now the marketer or local business can use the data collected to re-market to these customers and entice them to visit again with follow-up emails that contain specials, offers or discounts.
Did they log in with Facebook? Even better!
You can use the Social Data collected to run Facebook Ads for re-marketing and promotion of the business.
Did the customer also sign up for the loyalty program on the ‘Thank You’ page? Perfect!
You can communicate and engage with your new loyalty program members via:
- Push notification (at anytime)
- Geo-Fencing (when the user is in or around the pre-defined location)
- Beacons (within proximity of the location)
Before approaching a business to set-up the opportunity, it’s important to note the following:
This strategy is effective if the local business is a Pokéstop or is in the direct vicinity of one.
Here’s how to find out if the business is a Pokéstop:
Typically, Pokestops or Gyms are the same as Portal Locations in the game Ingress
- Log into the Ingress Website to access the portal map
- Alternatively, you can download Pokemon GO yourself and walk near locations denoted as Pokéstops
- Selecting these locations in game will show you the name of Pokéstop
The ingredients you need to make money with Pokémon GO
Building an effective strategy is a lot like baking – Gather your ingredients and follow the recipe to produce the desired end result.
In this situation, the end result allows you to profit from the popularity of Pokémon GO.
Here are ingredients you need to be successful with this strategy:
- Social Powered Wi-Fi
- Pokémon GO Account
- Facebook Advertiser Account
Step 1 – Approach the local business and SELL the idea.
You can use the following pitch (or your own variation of) when approaching a local business with this strategy.
I would like to tell you how I can guarantee to boost your sales and revenue as well as improve customer loyalty by generating more in-store traffic at little or no cost to you.
If you haven’t already heard, I want to tell you about Pokémon GO – the newest augmented reality mobile app game that has amassed a very active and highly engaged following.
Players use the game’s geo-location feature and their smartphone camera to find virtual Pokémon (fictional animated creatures) in various locations in their area in real-time. Landmarks in the
real world are key areas for players to converge and players are flocking to these areas in masses to collect the virtual Pokémon.
Here’s how I can help –
Your business might already be one of these predefined landmarks and there is an in-game offer that will turn your business into a Pokémon hotspot for less than a dollar an hour, and gamers
WILL gather at your location without hesitation.
All this is great, except the game SUCKS data and data is EXPENSIVE.
By offering free Wi-Fi at your location, you can encourage gamers to visit, stay longer, spend more, and return time and again. Customers can log into Social Powered Wi-Fi using their social log-in of choice and you can collect leads while they collect Pokémon. Provide your customers a positive experience and automatically generate customer loyalty.
Couple Social Powered Wi-Fi solution with the high consumer engagement of Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to increase foot-traffic, boost sales, generate leads, improve your social reach, and turn players into loyal customers pretty much overnight.
Step 2 – Setup and build the Pokémon GO themed Social Powered Wi-Fi campaign
*Keep in mind that we want to build this campaign around the Pokémon GO trend to attract and profit from these specific players*
First, using our Social Powered Wi-Fi platform you’ll want to:
- Create your location
- Add your device to the location
- Create the campaign
- Assign the campaign name
- Set a Pokémon themed SSID
- Enable Social Login options
Second, build the campaign.
- Use Pokémon theme
- Include analytics and retargeting scripts
Third, depending on your campaign goals:
- Set up successful login redirect of thank you page
- Set conversion tracking coke and integrate with autoresponder of choice for follow-up campaigns
- You could also enable an App Store re-direct to have the user download your clients’ app
Fourth, enable Facebook Page Checkin.
- Create customized Pokémon themed message – @firstname is enjoying a great coffee, catching Pokémon and using #wifi at @location
- This will entice friends of the user and other Pokémon players to visit
- NOTE: (Custom Facebook App with Scopes Required for Automatic Checkin)
Fifth, go back into the location previously setup within the platform.
- Assign your campaign to this location
Step 3 – Setup Pokémon GO Account
- Download Pokémon GO from the App Store
- Setup Account for the business
Step 4 – Create signage for Pokémon GO promotion
Here’s what we suggest:
- Create in-store posters
- Specifically promoting the location as a PokeStop (Pokemon Hub)
- Promoting Free Wi-Fi – Save your data! Capture Pokemon for free while you dine!
- Consider including a QR Code to redirect the user to download the businesses Mobile Wallet Loyalty Punch Card
Step 5 – Set your Facebook Ads
- Create a Facebook Ad targeted to spread the word about your free wi-fi and local Pokémon to people in the businesses geographic area
- Promote discount/specials for players who eat/shop/stay and the location
Step 6 – At the location
- Plug in your Social Powered Hotspot
- Put up in-store posters and promotional signage
- Drop Lure Module during pre-defined time period
- From within Pokemon GO
- Tap the red Pokeball at the bottom of your screen
- Tap ‘Shop’
- Scroll down and tap the purple, box shaped Lures to purchase. You’ll re-direct to your app store’s payment system
- Once back in-app, tap the red Pokeball again, then tap ‘Items’
- Tap the purple Lure to activate!
- From within Pokemon GO
Other campaign ideas
Consider advertising on Facebook that the business is a Pokéstop and that the business is offering Free Wi-Fi and discounts for Pokémon GO players to attract more foot traffic to the location!
Integrate MobiPunch and Mobile Wallet Loyalty into this Pokémon GO Strategy!
Use MobiPunch to increase loyalty of customers who visit location!
Step 1 – Setup the Mobile Wallet Loyalty Program
- Build and configure the mobile wallet loyalty punch card for the client
- Setup Beacon notifications with customized messages such as:
“Pokestop inside! Come get your Pokéballs and fresh cup of coffee to earn rewards”
- Setup Geo-Fencing locations with customized messages such as
“Visit our location to earn your next punch and catch your newest Pokémon”
Step 2 – At the location
- Place Beacons within the location. We recommend near the entrance so exisiting loyalty program users receive notifications when walking by the location
- Setup in store signage and promotional posters which include QR Codes and a call to action to have additional customers opt-in to the mobile wallet loyalty program
- Alternatively, when a user visits and logs into Wi-Fi, set up the Social Powered Wi-Fi campaign to redirect users to a link to download the mobile wallet loyalty punch card
With the increased amount of foot traffic, you’ll see an increase of opt-ins for the loyalty program!
After the customer has left the store, you can re-target them by sending automated push-notifications to the new loyal customers enticing them to visit again.
Remember, this strategy is all about leveraging the popularity of Pokémon GO to drive in-store traffic, collect leads, build email lists
The ability of the game has to drive real-world foot traffic to locations should not be ignored!
Click Here To See Our Proximity Marketing Bundles